Here is a quick video on pretreating a cap for digital printing on a Brother GT-3 printer using DTG Pre-Treat™ Paper.
Below you will find detailed written instructions for using the DTG Pre-Treat™ Paper and a cap press.
1. Pre-heat the cap press to 356°F.
2. Place cap onto heat press.
3. Put on gloves and protected eye wear. Remove the paper from the foil package. The paper is wet and should be supported with one hand as you remove it. Cut the paper sheet to match the size of the printable area on the cap.
4. Position the paper where the print image is planned.
5. Cover the paper with a heat resistant pad.
6. Close the heat press for 35 seconds at 65psi.
7. After pressing, remove the pretreat paper sheet.
8. Re-Press shirt on a hot heat press at 356°F for 35 seconds with 80 psi for your pressure until the pre-treated area is completely dry. Make sure to cover the pre-treated area with a Teflon sheet or use a Teflon bra on the upper element.
9. The treated area is visible when dry. The treated fabric is now ready to be printed on. If room humidity is high the treated area will absorb water and quickly become invisible. If the treated shirt is not going to be printed right away then it should be stored away from moisture. A plastic bag works well.